What are you looking for???

Follow by Email

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Letter Templates: A letter to an ex

So this has been sitting in my draft box for a while now and I thought it was time I finally sent it.

We all have that one decision we wish we could go back and rewrite and change. Some people have little ones, others life changing ones. I wish mine was little...

In and out of our relationship I could point out where you went wrong. What you could have done differently or which option you should have gone with but this time I messed up. I messed up more than any mistake you ever made in the many years we were together and I have lived with it ever since.
I'll always wonder whether things really would have been better. Whether we would have actually made it. Whether you were really sincere. We'd failed and tried over and over so many times - one more time wouldn't have killed us.
I thought I was protecting myself and saving myself from heartache and pain that could have been and that the sooner I moved on I'd be able to forget but was I wrong. There has not been one day that has passed by that I haven't thought about you or dreamt of you or been reminded of you in some way.

I've always believed in fate and destiny and the fact that whatever's meant to be will be no matter what you do or say. That's not gonna change for me.

I'm not telling you any of this because I expect you to drop your current life and find a space for me in it. I'm not telling you this because I expect you to do something about it. I'm not even telling you this because I expect a reply. 
I've felt the strain of carrying this with me everyday and I felt like it was time I got it off my chest.

I just wanted you to know.

You once said "I will wait for you no matter how long it takes." ... "I will always love you... Nothing will ever change that"...
You alone know whether those words were true. Whether time and mistakes change feelings and promises fade.
Time hasn't diminished my thoughts and memories haven't allowed me to forget anything or for my feelings to change or vanish. Circumstances have changed but I don't believe true love ever completely just goes away. And true love doesn't understand circumstance. 
You once said "if God so pleases we will someday be together no matter how long it takes" if that's when we're 70 and we happen to find each other and I get to spend the last few years of my life with you then so be it. I'll die a happy old lady lol.

So you're gonna keep on living your life and ill keep living mine and If I never hear from you or see you ever again I want you to always know that you left a mark in my life. 
I'll always remember you forever. 
You'll always have a special place In my heart. 
I'll always love you... 
And you'll forever be to me 'the one that got away'.

241007
Get Free Email Updates

0 comments:

What's on your mind?

Have a question? What are your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Book!!! Click on the image to read the first couple of chapters online

My Book!!! Click on the image to read the first couple of chapters online
Shaylee has a secret she's been hiding from everyone... Beneath her brave exterior lies a girl bruised and scarred by life but strong enough to make it through anything. Moral of the story: Sometimes we don't find love because we don't know what to look for.