'Love at first sight' is the term used to describe a situation where two people meet and almost immediately feel an instant connection to or love for each other. This can be the case for one of the individuals or both.
It's 'Love at first sight' if:
- Either of you feel attracted to or drawn to the other person right away.
- You feel some sought of weird connection to the other person straight away.
- You want to spend more time with the other person or see him/her again.
- It doesn't have to happen the first time you spot the other person but can happen the first time you speak.
It's not 'Love at first sight' if:
- You didn't like the other person when you first met.
- He or she was initially dating your friend or someone you know and you didn't have any feelings for him/her
- You started off as friends without any romantic feelings between the two of you.
An example of 'love at first sight' in a movie:
The perfect example of 'love at first sight' can be seen in the movie 'The Notebook.'
'The Notebook' is one of the best love story's ever written and one of the best romance movies there ever was.
In the movie, the lead male role Noah falls head over heels in love with the lead female role Allie from the very first time he lays eyes on her. He is instantly attracted to her and goes out of his way to spend more time with her. He is so determent to get a date with her that he hangs off a Ferris wheel (big wheel) in order to do it. She on the other hand doesn't seem to have that much of an attraction to him until the date eventually happens. This goes to show that true love doesn't need to be based on 'love at first sight' and even if it is, it doesn't need to be or isn't necessarily from both sides - it can be one sided too.
True love occurs to different people in different ways. Sometimes we may feel it from the very first time we see or talk to someone, other times it takes us a little longer to realize what we actually have right in front of us. The important thing is to realize true love as soon as you can and once you have it; don't ever let it go.
Get Free Email Updates