Search here

Thought for the day: You never know what you have until it's gone

I miss my ex. I wish I treated my ex better. I wish I was still with my ex. 

"The best I ever had..." and "The one that got away..." just a couple of terms used to describe the ex's we wish we never left. The saying is sad but true - 'You never know what you have until it's gone'.

Sometimes we become so blinded by life that we don't realize what we have right in front of us. Sometimes we take for granted that that someone will always be around, keep forgiving us or keep taking the way we treat them. We take for granted that we'll always 'get back togther'. But what happens when that isn't the case? what happens when 'that last goodbye' finally arrives and there is no more second chances? 

Being in a relationship is like hanging from a rope - every time you tug the rope wears thinner and thinner until eventually it snaps. The sad reality is that when it eventually does break there is no going back. You can look back and think I could have done this or that or I should have changed things right before that and maybe we'd still be together. Maybe we'd be married now. Maybe we'd be here or there. Maybe's are not reality. Reality is there is no going back.

Life isn't a game. Dating isn't a game. Love is not a game. One wrong decision can alter your destiny and once it does it may be changed forever. 

Value the ones you have; show them your appreciation and make things right before it's too late. Everyone can only take 'so much' before they give up on something for good. 
Get Free Email Updates

0 comments:

What's on your mind?

Comment here!