Search here

Romantic movies - Movies to watch with your boyfriend / girlfriend

There are so many romantic movies to watch with your boyfriend/girlfriend that deciding upon the best can be really hard.
If you’re a sucker for romance then making sure that you’ve watched all of the following movies would be a really great idea.

Cuddling with your boyfriend/girlfriend

There is nothing better then cuddling in bed or on the couch to a good romantic movie.
Watching movies together (whether at the cinema or at home) still takes one of the top spots in date ideas so why not grab your partner, rent a few of the following movies and have a romantic night together.

If you can't find a good DVD store then try downloading movies on a site like timpug.com. It has a wide variety of movies (all which are completely free) and you're sure to find something worth watching.

The following list showcases the top romantic movies of all time. Must sees for any couple or anyone romantic at heart.
Top Romantic Moves
1.       The Notebook (Download)


Download The Notebook - Romantic movie


  This is one of the most romantic movies ever made.  
  It showcases two of the most important facts in life:
  • True love always conquers
  • True love never dies
It's deeply moving and inspirational. A definite must see with your partner if you haven't already.

Memorable quotes: "So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."

"They didn't agree on much. In fact they rarely agreed on anything. They fought all the time and they challenged each other everyday...
But in spite of their differences, they had one important thing in common, they were crazy about each other."

Stars:

Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams

 2.        If Only (Download)

Download If Only - Romantic movie
This is one of the most thought provoking movies ever made.
    It allows you to think "out of the box" and fills you with thoughts of "what if".
   You're sure to shed at least one tear during this movie.


"If not for you I would never have known love at all... So thank you for being the person who taught me to love... and to be love." 
"I don't know what to say." 
"You don't have to say anything... I just wanted to tell you."

"I adore you." 
"I don't wanna be adored! I wanna be loved."




Stars:

Jennifer Love Hewitt and Paul Nicholls

3.       Letters to Juliet (Download)

This movie allows you to see that when it comes to love, sometimes it's better to follow your heart and not your mind.

Download Romantic Movie - Letters to Juliet

    " 'What' and 'If' are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if?"



Stars: Amanda Seyfried and Christopher Egan

4.       PS I love you (Download)

Download Romantic Movie - Ps I Love you
     PS I love you also trails on the sad side of romance. It makes us realize the importance of the "here and now". It demonstrates the fact that being spontaneous is not always a bad thing and sometimes continuous planning needs to take a back seat.


     Memorable line: [holding Holly by the shoulders] What do you want? I know what I want, cause I'm holding it in my hands.

     Every morning I still wake up and the first thing I want to do is to see your face.


Stars:
Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler

5.       The Break-up (Download)

Download The break up - Romantic movie
   Many may wonder how a movie with the title "The break-up" could ever make a romantic movie top 10, but it has. You need to watch the movie in order to truly see the romance in it.

   This movie is also very educational allowing a good lesson on relationships to be learnt. It also puts into the practice the saying "everything happens for a reason".

     Memorable lines:
"    It's not about doing the things you love, it's about doing things with the one you love!"

"I just don't know how we got here. Our entire relationship, I have gone above and beyond for you, for us. I've cooked, I've picked your shit up off the floor, I've laid your clothes out for you like you're a four year old. I support you, I supported your work. If we ever had dinner or anything I did the plans, I take care of everything. And I just don't feel like you appreciate any of it. I don't feel you appreciate me. All I want is to know, is for you to show me that you care. "
"Why didn't you just say that to me"

Stars:
Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn

6.       Beastly  (Download)

Download Beastly - Romantic movie
      Said to be a modern make of the classic fairytale, "Beauty and the Beast", this is another magical romance movie.

      It allows many to see that looks don't always matter nor does money or popularity and that what's on the inside is what counts most. It also allows you to learn to look with your heart and not to only see with your eyes.

   Memorable line:
    "What happened to romance? Sappy, soppy, long-hand love letter romance?"




    Stars: Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer

  7.       Two can play that game (Download)

Download Two can play that can - Romantic movie
     This movie demonstrates the consequences resulting around taking love to be a game to the extreme.
     It also aims to prove that sometimes rules are made to be broken.


    Memorable line: "You have to have trust."


  Stars:
  Vivica A. Fox and Morris Chestnut





8.       Titanic  (Download)

Download Titanic - Romantic movie
  This is likely to be one of the most touching and romantic movies of all time.

  It shows how love is never forgotten and that true love is selfless.



  Memorable line: "I'll never let go, Jack. I promise." 





Stars:
Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet

9.  Tuck Everlasting (Download)

Download Tuck Everlasting - Romantic movie

  Another Mystical movie, Tuck everlasting opens your mind to possibilities of everlasting love.

  What if you could be with someone forever? Not only until you die but really forever?

"How am I supposed to take you home when I can't make my feet move from this spot? If I could die tomorrow I would, just so I could spend one more night with you."

Stars:
Alexis Bledel and Jonathan Jackson

10. Romeo and Juliet (Download)

Download Romeo and Juliet - Romantic movie
  Although one of the oldest stories ever told, Romeo and Juliet still holds one of the top ten spots as best romantic movie ever made.
  It comes across antique and classic as well as being clouded by romance and true love.

"Did my heart love 'til now? Forswear its sight. For I never saw true beauty 'til this night."

Stars:
Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes



11. Twilight (Download)

Download Twilight - Romantic movie

     Filled with fantasy and possibilities, the first Twilight is also filled with romance. This Twilight introduces the idea that even mystical creatures love hard and that true love can over come anything including instinct.

"That's what you dream about? Being a monster?" 
"I dream about being with you forever. ."

"You are my life now."

"I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore."
"Then don't."

Stars:
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart


12. Ghost (Download)

Download Ghost - Romantic movie
A truly inspirational movie showcasing the thought that anything is possible with love.

It's a really deep movie that is bound to warm your heart.

Quick tip: Beware of tears.

"It's amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you."

Stars:

Patrick Swazye and Demi Moore. 

13. A Cinderella Story (Download)

As the title gives on, the movie can be described as a modern day remake of the classic fairytale 'Cinderella'.

Download A Cinderella story - Romantic movie
It is a very inspiring movie as it goes to prove that even in reality fairytales do come true and that by looking at the fairytale 'Cinderella' in a more realistic manner, it becomes clear to see that the fairytale may not just be a fairytale for some.

It gives hope that sometimes we can all live out a fairytale and that it is okay to believe in them.

"Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game."

Stars:

Chad Micheal Murray and Hilary Duff

14. Just like Heaven (Download)

Download Just like Heaven - Romantic movie
This movie gives the idea that true love conquers everything.
It allows you to see that no matter what happens you will always end up with your one true love because destiny, although being able to be altered, cannot be changed.


 "I think I know what my unfinished business is." 
"What?" 
"You." 

Stars:

Mark Ruffalo and Reese Witherspoon

15. 13 going on 30 (Download)

Download 13 going on 30 - Romantic movie
This is likely to be one of the best romantic comedies ever made.
Combining the element of romance with a life lesson and comedy results in it being one movie not to be missed.
It goes to show that sometimes we make bad decisions in life and that one bad choice can have negative consequences on our destiny.

"I love you, Matt. You're my best friend." 
"...Jenna, I've always loved you." 

Stars:

Mark Ruffalo and Jennifer Garner 


All of these movies are completely romantic and both you and your partner can enjoy and learn something from them. Download them online and get them instantly or rent / buy them at the nearest DVD store and create a memorable evening of your own.

Grab the popcorn and some cosy blankets and get cuddling on the couch with that one person you love the most. These movies will definitely keep you both entertained.

Get Free Email Updates

0 comments:

What's on your mind?

Comment here!