Search here

What money Can't buy / Choose Love over Money: Poems about money and love


what money can't buy
I stand there speechless at all that you have done
My heart in shock and surprised that you think you may have won.
Just because you're rich and famous does that make you who you are?
I can’t believe the way you think that it will all get you so far.
I’m amazed by your carelessness; your disregard for who I am.
You think your status and your money will make you much more of a man.

You are blinded by your walled, your fame and fortune too.
You’re obsessed with recognition; every time fans notice you.
You are vain beyond comparison and your ego stands so high
Yet I chose to give you an opportunity to be a better guy.

I looked past the generalizations of “your type” as they would say
I gave you a fair chance as you requested and this is the price I pay?
I may not have your money, your house or flashy car,
I may not be known to half the country as a famous iconic star,
I may not be able to splash out thousands every now and then,
But I have more then you could imagine; your riches multiplied by ten.
I have my self-respect, my Christianity and my pride.
I have my individuality, my honesty and my belief inside.
I’m so much better than your money and I will give you reason why
I have my class and dignity and that money cannot buy.

Get Free Email Updates

0 comments:

What's on your mind?

Comment here!