Search here

How can I stop worrying: Thought for the day

How can I worry less? How can I stop worrying? How can I decrease my anxiety or avoid worrying?

As a 'worrywart' myself, I know how hard it is to feel like you are worried and anxious and you have no control over those feelings. 

We all have things that cause us worry, stress or anxiety. 


I went through a nasty divorce before meeting my wonderful husband and have been through a custody battle that lasted years as some of my main life stresses. I was and sometimes still am worryful to such an extent that I find myself worrying about future events that may not even happen!

How can you beat the worry and life a stress-free or worriless life? How can you avoid the anxiety and anguish? There might not be a quick fix. You may never be able to remove the worry filled thoughts or feelings completely - I haven't been able to yet. BUT I would like to suggest how you can attempt to manage it or decrease it as much as possible based on my experience and what has worked for me.

As a Christian, I have come to realize that there is no real point in worrying. I mean who wants to worry anyway especially when you have no reason to worry? In the Bible, it tells us that we should cast our cares on the Lord (1 Peter 5:7) and that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love Him (Romans 8:28).
The point I'd like to make is that when you learn to trust God, remember God's word and believe that he has your best interest in heart -  Then you have no need to worry. You will naturally know that whatever happens is going to be in your favor and that at the end of the day, It's the best thing for you.
That alone should eliminate the need to worry.
That's how I have begun to see things now. I now trust God to such an extent that whenever something stressful or worrisome happens or when I feel worry or concern starting to step in, I tell myself that there is no real point in worrying! I remind myself that this event may or may not happen and that whether or not it does happen,  It is all working in my favor. I emphasize the fact that God will make it all work in my favor and it will be the best thing for me. 


This line of thinking alone has decreased my anxiety and made me less of an anxious person. 

In a nutshell, when you learn to trust God fully, you will naturally worry less.
Coming from a relationship where I was lied to and cheated on, I know how hard it can be to trust anyone but you must remember that God is not like anyone else. God is God. You can never be let down by God. In all honesty God is the only Being you can actually fully and completely trust.

*Please note: I am not a medical professional and this article is merely advice and thoughts based on my own feelings and experience. Depression is extremely serious and if you think that you may be suffering from depression for any reason please make contact with a professional in your area. Please google 'free help with depression' and you will be able to find resources near you who could help.

Get Free Email Updates

0 comments:

What's on your mind?

Comment here!