Search here

Top 10 first dance songs

Marriage is a really big step. It is the ultimate commitment and if you’re getting married for all the right reasons, can be the best decision any one can ever make.


wedding rings:
Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net
A lot of hard work goes into any marriage just as with any relationship but before getting to stress about making your marriage work while enjoying the honeymoon phase of it all, you get to enjoy the excitement of planning the wedding.

Planning the wedding

If you're a girl, your wedding day is likely to be the biggest day of your life. A lot goes into choosing everything from the dress and cake right through to the bridesmaids and venue.
Another exciting highlight would be choosing the dance songs. There are so many to choose from that it can be highly confusing.
In most cases you and your partner might like so many songs that you're not sure which one you should have the first dance to.
Brides:
Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

The wedding dances

There are numerous dances to plan for, including the father and bride dance, best man and bride and the mother and groom dances.
The first dance that you have together as a married couple is however the most important and you really want to make the best decision possible with regards to the song. It is going to be the one song that the both of you will hold close to you forever.
A good idea would be to choose the song together.

Lyrics mean everything

It’s important to be listening to the lyrics of the song. You want to have your first dance be to a song that you both feel describes you as a couple clearly.
For example, if you decide to have a best man and the bride dance you don’t want to be dancing to:
‘My cherie amour, lovely as a summer day, My cherie amour, distant as the milky way
My cherie amour, pretty little one that I adore, You're the only girl my heart beats for
How I wish that you were mine'
Here are a few of my favourites as well as the lines that stand out in them and make them appropriate for a wedding first dance. Please feel free to add some of yours:
1.   You and me - Lifehouse   
‘And it's you and me and all other people
and I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you
there’s something about you now
I can't quite figure out
everything she does is beautiful
everything she does is right’

First Dance:
Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net
      ‘I've got a real thing here by my side
someone who needs me holding me tight
and these special feelings won’t ever fade
cause I knew from the start you put a move on my heart’

      'Cause I'm keeping you
forever and for always
We will be together all of our days
Wanna wake up every
morning to your sweet face—always’

4.    Tu amor - RBD
       ‘Tu amor (tu amor)
I will always be
Tu amor (tu amor)
Means the world to me
Estarás siempre en mi corazón
You're the one in my soul
And I live for
Tu amor (tu amor)
Tu amor’
Bride /groom dance:
Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

      ‘A moment like this
Some people wait a lifetime,
For a moment like this
Some people search forever,
For that one special kiss
Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me
Some people wait a lifetime,
For a moment like this.’

‘Right here, right now
I'm looking at you and my heart loves the view
Cause you mean everything
Right here, I promise you somehow
That tomorrow can wait for some other date to be (to be)
But right now there's you and me’


‘Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine,
And let the music be your guide.
Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next
It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance’
‘Two very different people, too scared to get along,
Till two hearts beat together, underneath one sun,
One very special moment, can turn a destiny,
And what some would say, could never change, has changed for you and me,
Cause it's all, It's all in the way, you look through your eyes,
and when all is said and done, All of the fear and all of the lies are, not hard to overcome,
It's all in the way you look at it, that makes you strong,
We were two, (we were two)
now we are one’
Newlyweds first dance:
Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

9.    I finally found someone - Barbra Streisand and Bryan Adams
      ‘I can't wait for the rest of my life...
This is it, oh, I finally found someone
Someone to share my life
I finally found the one, to be with every night
'Cause whatever I do,
It's just got to be you
My life has just begun
I finally found someone’

     ‘I'll be your dream, I'll be your wish, I'll be your fantasy
I'll be your hope, I'll be your love, Be everything that you need
I'll love you more with every breath
Truly, madly, deeply do
I will be strong, I will be faithful 'cause I'm counting on
A new beginning, A reason for living, A deeper meaning, yeah
I want to stand with you on a mountain
I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to lay like this forever
Until the sky falls down on me’

Always remember, the lyrics are what make the song special. Make your day extra special by choosing wisely.

You might also want to read:


Get Free Email Updates

0 comments:

What's on your mind?

Comment here!