Search here

How to show someone you've changed: How do you show someone you've changed? - Question and Answer

Hello.

Break-ups:
Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net
My boyfriend and I dated for 6 months until he ended things.
A few days later I called saying I wanted to to fix things with him. He agreed and said that we could be back together for a certain amount of time. He said he’d give me a few days only to show him that I've changed.
Apparently he broke up with me because I suffocated him and he felt like his life was meant to be all about me all the time. He also said that I had changed him and that he wanted me to change too. I really didn’t know that I had been doing this to him.
How can I show him that I’ve changed?

*****************************************************************************************

Hi there!

Thanks a lot for contacting me with your question. I really hope that I will be able to help you.

Firstly it's great that you're trying to find ways of becoming a better partner in the relationship and your boyfriend should be really happy and grateful to have you because of this.
Broken hearted:
Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Secondly if you think “changing" is needed then consider the fact that your boyfriend ended things due to feeling like he had to CHANGE for you; do you really want to be put in a similar situation?

If  you want to be the same person but just with fewer faults then that's awesome. You've already pointed out and realised what went wrong in the relationship (you being clingy or needy) so you know exactly what it is you need to work on in order to show him that you've "changed":


  • Let him have his "space" if that's what he feels he needs
  • Demonstrate your independence by going out with your friends or having fun without him sometimes
  • Don't constantly question him on his whereabouts or what he's doing
  • Be okay without him and you’ll be even better together.
Please remember that your boyfriend must have had some faults of his own within the relationship too. No one is perfect so don't blame the complete failure of the past relationship on yourself. If changes need to occur they have got to be from both you and him. A relationship requires the dedication of  two people; you both need to work hard at it for it to work.

Good luck & God Bless!

Jade Monique Taylor
Love, Life and Relationships
xoxo

If you have a question on anything love, life or relationship related, send it to me and I promise to Answer As soon as possible. (click here)
Get Free Email Updates

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend and I have broken up for the third time due to argument. I love him and want him back but do not know what to do. Please can you help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There
      Thanks a lot for your comment.
      I am really sorry about what you're going through. Break-ups are never easy. I am not sure what you broke up about or if it is something you have broken up about before?
      The only thing you can do is to talk about things. If you are breaking up about the same thing over and over again then it may mean that the problem is never sorted out completely but "swept under the rug". The downside to this is that the problem will keep on showing up. You need to find out what the reason for the break up is if you don't already know and then work on fixing the problem completely. If it is something that will not change (like a personality trait that one of you is not willing to change, or a habit that one of you will not let go) then you will need to decide whether or not you are happy to proceed with your relationship as it is with that problem. The worst mistake we often make is going into a relationship or staying in one hoping that the next person will change.
      Please read my article: ‘How to get my Ex Back’ on how you can approach your boyfriend to talk about things and maybe fix things. You may also want to read ‘Should I take my Ex back’ in order to make sure that trying to get back together with your boyfriend is actually what is best for you..
      Please do reply to this message with more information if you'd like me to help you further as it will be a bit easier with more clarity.
      I hope this helps a little!
      Good luck :)
      xoxo

      Delete

Comment here!