Search here

Relationship / Break up quotes: Don’t make someone a priority in your life when you’re only an option in theirs

What are some great or inspirational break-up / relationship / love quotes? What does this love quote / saying mean? What does 'Don’t make someone a priority in your life when you’re only an option in theirs' mean?
Love hurts:
Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

This saying revolves around a situation where you might give all your attention, time and love to one person making them the ‘centre of your universe’ and putting them in the top spot in your life with regards to importance only to have this be more of a one way thing. You’re partner might not give you as much attention, put other things or people above you and/or your relationship or only spend time with you when he/she has nothing better to do.


A good song to describe this is 'Teardrops on my guitar' by Taylor Swift:

"Drew walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe?

And there he goes, so perfectly,
The kind of flawless I wish I could be
She better hold him tight, give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky 'cause
He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do..."

A short poem on the saying is:

I always put you first, my world revolves around you.
You are the centre of me and everything I do.
I’m not the same to you: not a priority after all I’ve done
No matter what I say or do, I’ll never be your number one.

Remember:
Always think about yourself. If you're in a relationship where you're always giving and getting nothing back in return or feel like you're partner doesn't value you then it's time to assess the situation. You deserve love and to be treated just as greatly as you treat him/her. If your partner won't make you a top priority in his/her life, consider finding someone who will.
Get Free Email Updates

0 comments:

What's on your mind?

Comment here!